A little preparation can make a big difference when you see your doctor. Before your visit, think about what you want to discuss. It’s a simple way to make the most of your appointment.
Questions you may want to ask your doctor:
- What is my main health concern?
- What do I need to do?
- Why is it important for me to do this?
- How do I share any questions I may have about my treatment plan?
Questions the medical staff may ask you:
- What do you think is contributing to your health problem?
- Do you have questions about your treatment or how to take care your condition?
- How important do you think it is to care for your condition?
- What’s the most important thing for you to accomplish during your visit today?
- What would you like to know about your condition?
- What concerns you the most about your condition?
- What would you like to work on to manage your condition?
- How confident are you that you can do the planned treatment?
- What might keep you from being successful at this?