Compare your Medicare choices
Medicare Advantage plans cover services that Original Medicare doesn't. And many offer much more. See how you might benefit from a Medicare Advantage plan.
Benefits and features of Medicare Advantage*, Medicare supplement* and Original Medicare:
- All help pay for hospital visits.
- All help pay for some medical care, like doctor visits.
- All help pay for preventive services, like flu shots.
- Only Medicare Advantage helps pay for prescription drugs.
- Only Medicare Advantage covers routine vision exams.
- Only Medicare Advantage covers hearing exam and hearing aids.
- Only Medicare Advantage covers routine dental care.
- Only Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement limit your out-of-pocket costs.
- Only Medicare Advantage covers transportation.
A few things to know about Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Advantage plans combine Original Medicare Parts A and B, and sometimes Part D, into a single plan.
- A Medicare supplement insurance plan isn't a Medicare Advantage plan. It's a health insurance policy. It's secondary to Original Medicare. This means that Original Medicare pays for covered services first, then your Medicare supplement plan.
- Medicare Advantage plans must cover everything that Original Medicare covers. Many cover more.
- TRICARE for Life and VA may cover more than Original Medicare.
- Hospice care is covered under Original Medicare.
- Your Medicare Advantage plan’s annual maximum out-of-pocket is your financial safety net. It limits what you pay in a given plan year for covered medical services.
For complete details, please visit www.medicare.gov